How Do I.....

Get Keys for my office or filing cabinet?

In order to make it more efficient and less costly for Facilities to respond to the numerous key requests we have each semester -  AND to ensure that keys are accounted for and returned - a new policy is in place effective immediately.

• Key requests made directly to Facilities will be denied.
  • All key requests must be made to Campus Planning by emailing campusplanning@rmcad.edu
  • All key requests may only be submitted by a supervisor.
  • Keys are produced once a week. Therefore, fulfillment of key requests may take up to one week.
  • Lost key(s) will incur a fine for the department for which the key(s) were made (amount to be determined based on quantity, location, and purpose of key).

Follow this procedure:

1. Supervisor must submit the key request to Campus Planning + Design by emailing campusplanning@rmcad.edu
  2. Supervisor must include which building and room number, or lockable furniture the key is for, as well as who will use the key.
  3. After the key(s) are made, they will be dropped off at the Campus Resource Center (CRC) in a labeled envelope.
  4. The supervisor will be notified via email.
  5. The supervisor may pick up the key(s) at the CRC must and by doing so, they accept the Key Agreement (as stated below).
  6. When the key(s) are no longer in use, the supervisor must return them to the CRC. 
  7. If key(s) are requested back by Campus Planning + Design, the supervisor is required to return them to the CRC. 
  8. When the key(s) are returned to the CRC, the supervisor inform the CRC so they may update the system and the supervisor is cleared of responsibility.

Key Agreement
"By picking up the keys at the CRC, I acknowledge that I am fully responsible for them. I understand I am responsible for distributing the keys to my employee(s) and that it is my responsibility to return these key(s) to the Campus Resource Center when they are no longer needed by the employee and/or when they are requested back by the Campus Planning + Design Department. I understand that a fee (amount to be determined based on quantity, location, and purpose of key) may be charged to my department if the key(s) are lost."

Many thanks for your cooperation in this effort to make the process more efficient and less costly.

Request a piece of furniture?

1. Email campusplanning@rmcad.edu with your request

2. In the subject line, include the Building name, room number, and type of furniture you are requesting.

3. In the body of the email, include as much detail as possible, including the best way to contact you.

Get something repaired?

If something in your office or classroom is leaking/broken and it is an emergency, contact facilities directly at facilities@rmcad.edu or 303-225-8599.

1. If it is not an emergency, email campusplanning@rmcad.edu
  2. In the subject line, include the Building name, room number, and type of repair you are requesting.

Install non-gallery artwork on campus?

Download the installation application and follow the instructions.