Graphic Design

After RMCAD, I attended FRCC to learn about graphic Design.  This section contains my work that I have done in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.

We had to show data on a chart that was informative and entertaining.  Long before the official trailer for Star Wars episode 7 came out, I wanted to show how the series has changed over time.  I came up with this chart showing how much the film cost to make, how much it made the opening weekend, and how much it made nationally and internationally when it first came out.  I used vehicles and characters from the series that the fans would know to further engage the readers.

I noticed a few trends.  First of all, the first three films and the last four films are separated about three years apart, except for the gap between episode 6 and 1.

Next, while a LOT of people had mixed feeling about episode one, enough time had passed to advance technology to the point that everyone was excited to see it.  And seeing as it made the most money internationally, this showed us the reach of the fans.

Lastly, the Clone Wars CGI animated film, release in 2008, had some of the lowest numbers, but the opening weekend still made more than the first two did, even both combinded.

I can only wonder how episode 7 will be taken?

For this project, we had to insert ourselfs into a period of time.  I decided to be a mob guy from the Film Noire era.  Both people in the picture are me, and I had to make it look like this was a real picture.  I enjoyed working with the colors and I had fun making this piece.

This was one of three ads I came up with to promote AXE deodorant.  I found the statues on the Internet and I photographed the deodorant in my bathroom and did a lot of editing.  For this one, I was going off the story of King Midas.  I wanted to show how the deodorant effected the person.