Goatman ,  2009                                    *In the 2009 RMCAD Student Show*
32” x 40”   chalk pastel
This drawing on Ania Paper is the result of several Life Drawing 2 sessions during which the assignment was to draw a human head on an animal body, keeping anatomy in mind. I chose the angora goat because I used to have goats as pets. If I were to execute this drawing again, I would use dark brown and grey in the face instead of peach tones. The goat in my reference photo had a light face, but I think the drawing would be more successful by way of contrast if it were dark.

Corks Off , 2009

14" Tall , cork and superglue

This model of a celabratory wine bottle is constructed entirely of cork and superglue. I used a radial sander and a variety of hand tools to shape the originally cylindrical corks into interlocking forms, creating the overall shape of a wine bottle. The center is hollow and the neck of the bottle removable, making a concealed storage space. Its creation was a challenging process. The idea behind the material used was that of the 'found object'. The assorted cork collection was recycled to create this unique object.